Eligibility Criteria and Application Form
CannExpo is excited to announce the launch of ten Access Grants to increase the presence and participation of Black, Indigenous and people of colour-owned retailers and Licensed Producers, sponsored by the Ontario Cannabis Store (OCS).
With these grants, CannExpo will provide successful applicants with free in-kind registration and one 10′ x 10′ booth for eligible retailers and Licensed Producers through a randomized selection process, ensuring all applicants have an equal opportunity of being selected.
Grants (10x) – valued at $3850 in in-kind services per awardee, include;
- One 10′ x10′ booth at CannExpo Toronto, March 24 – 26, 2023
- Furnished with table, 2-chairs, carpet, hydro included
- 5 Complimentary Tickets
- 5 Exhibitor Badges
- Exclusive posts on CannExpo’s Social Media
- Promotion on CannExpo.ca including winner announcement profiles.
- CannExpo will allocate booth locations.
- Eligible businesses will be entered in a random draw to be awarded 1 of 10 booths
- Applications will remain open until November 20th at 11:59 pm.
- Winners will be notified by CannExpo on November 21st, 2022.
- Winners will be announced at Cannexpo.ca on November 23rd, 2022
- Must be an authorized Ontario retailer OR a federally authorized LP
- Must be at least 51% owned and operated by someone who identifies as Black, Indigenous or a person of colour*
- We ask that businesses who may be otherwise unable to participate due to cost or other barriers apply
*Criteria adapted from BC’s LDB Indigenous Program; CCAB’s Indigenous Business Support Fund; Government of Canada, ISC’s Set Aside Program; as well as similar criteria found across grant and equity programs involving cannabis businesses (e.g., San Francisco Equity Application and other similar funds).
To enter, please complete and submit the Application Form